• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

92 Jag 440 LTFC

chunkytrout

I could be picking this up from a dealer for a work trade. It's well maintained, clean, good track, runs well, but 5000 on her. Their asking price is 1300.00. Does that seem reasonable? This would be a freight/fishing sled. Little if any pleasure trail riding. Just get me and my gear plus a passenger (sometimes) to the lake.

chunky

CT,

Seems quite high to me but it's your sweat...
In these parts you could get a lot more sled that's at least 2-3 years newer, liquid cooled and lower mileage. I wouldn't give more than $800 if it looked like it just came off the showroom floor. There are regional differences but it still seems high. Sled prices often go up when snow flies however. Good luck.

Kevin

I agree with Mueske, It does sound too high. I would maybe pay 1,000 for it but not a penny more. Sounds like he doesnt care if he gets rid of it and just wants get a few extra bucks out of it. IMO

------------------
Fish ON!

Plus I found out that too many miles on a sled isnt a good thing. You may find yourself putting a extra 1,000 into after you buy it b/c stuff wore out or got broke.
Like ex track, clutch, pistons, or suspension. Who knows. Just be careful of what you buy and take care of it.

------------------
Fish ON!

Yeah, you guys have good points. Only thing I'm leaning on is this sled belonged to an older trapper who took very good care of it and maintained it well. For what I'm looking for in a sled, it's the one. Funny, you can get a couple of year newer crotch rockets for 1300 that have the snot beat out of them but as soon I you talk utility sleds up here, up goes the price.

chunk

Chunk All depends how much you're charging per hour. smile.gif Dealers get top buck so you should be too.. 5000 miles is moderately high, maybe you can work out a 30 day warranty.

You may not be planning on trail riding much now but that will change.
A 95 440 Ski-Doo Touring or a Polaris 440 Indy Sport Trail both in long track would be closer to that $1300 price and a huge difference in suspension.

Man, I'm impulsive! Think I'll wait a bit. It's just I ain't got the money but I got the time. Seemed like a good deal for me.

ST, I stay off the trails up here (unless they lead to a lake). Those weekend warriors already almost killed me once on my yami. Got the cracked brain bucket to prove it.

chunk

[This message has been edited by chunkytrout (edited 11-01-2003).]

ST and all,

We've got over a foot of snow now. I don't plan on riding until after New Year's Eve or I'd be hitting too many rocks, logs, etc. Ma Nature is just playing with us anyway as we haven't had this much snow for two years. I kinda wish I had the cover on the boat already...

Kevin