• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fall Weed and Feed

Bowfin

Ok, that makes sense. But given the conditions a dry applied product seems like it has little chance of working. I'm also not in favor of the products that result in applying chemicals over the entire area as I think you end up putting down a lot of stuff that isn't needed and creates problems. Spot application works best IMO. Of course it works for me because I have been so incredibly diligent that there are no weeds in my yard.

Ok, that makes sense. But given the conditions a dry applied product seems like it has little chance of working. I'm also not in favor of the products that result in applying chemicals over the entire area as I think you end up putting down a lot of stuff that isn't needed and creates problems. Spot application works best IMO. Of course it works for me because I have been so incredibly diligent that there are no weeds in my yard.

Yes Tom, you are correct in that aspect. If a person doesn't have irrigation or other water source, there is no reason to use a granular weed n feed. The weed part needs a wet leaf for the particles to stick to the leaves.

For most people a blanket application over the entire lawn is needed, as most have weeds in the entire lawn

If a person has been diligent, or has a service maintain the turf, then yes, one should expect spot treatments for weeds.

Because of work and other crazy commitments I missed my chance to spray my 4 acre lawn a few weeks ago when it was warmer. Things are actually starting to green up again here, weird.

Yesterday I got home early, it was nice out, no wind, so I hooked the sprayer and boom to my ATV and sprayed a 2-4-D/ Dicamba cocktail.

I realize I didn't hurt anything by spraying, but do you guys think I wasted my time or will it actually do some good?

Eric,

You just said yourself that everything is greening up again.

All of the companies I know of are still fertilizing and spraying.

Even the U's Extension Service a couple of weeks ago had a blurb that with how dry it was this year that a later fall application was the best

The weeds will suck chemical in all winter. Same thing with grass. Grass is never 100% dormant.