• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bersa Thunder .380

Trying to get my wife into shooting more, had her out shooting a .22 pistol and .40 Glock last weekend. She likes to shoot but the .40 is just to much for her. Went to the gun shop and she liked the Bersa but I am not familiar with it or how it holds up. Looking for some feed back if the Bersa is a gun that has alot of problems or if it is a good weekend range gun or if its best to leave in the store. Thank you for your feedback

I own one and have been very happy with. I found a lot of good reviews when I was researching it. I've probably only put 500 rounds through it (no failures) so I can't speak to issues that may occur after several thousand rounds. Like one of the reviews stated it's not the cadillac of handguns put you are only paying for a toyota. For the price I'd recommend it.

Never shot the thunder .380 but if it's anything like my polish p64 (similar design and round) it may be a bit punishing on her hands as a range gun. My p64 beats the dump out of my hands every time I shoot it ... And the 9x18 mak isn't much different than 9x17 (.380 acp). I'd see of you can rent one somewhere first to see how s he likes it before sinking too much money into it. If you're looking to step her up from the .22 lr game into something a bit larger, I'd recommended a full sized 9mm such as the ruger p95, or even a (don't crucify me) hi point c9. Either option is inexpensive, low in recoil, and would teach her how to manage a full sized round without flinching and thus developing bad habits ... Just my $.02 ...

Another option I'll mention for the sake of it not being overlooked, would be to do a caliber conversion on your glock ... Simple field strip; barrel and recoil spring change, reassemble with proper magazine and you're set. You mentioned you have a glock in .40 s&w ... You should be able to order the correct parts needed directly from Glock for the corresponding 9mm counterpart (ie: G27-G26) for a fraction of what you'd pay for a brand new gun. Of course do whatever she is most comfortable with ... If she hates the way your glock feels, forget about it lol.

Whatever you decide, let us know! And a tip of the hat to you for getting your spouse into shooting!!

I picked up the Bersa for her on wednesday and gave it to her today. She was pretty pumped to get her first gun. I spent a little more and got the crimson trace grip that she liked too. I should have timed it better cause she wants to go shooting this weekend but its duck opener. Last weekend was our 6 year wedding anniverary but the gun didnt ship in time for last weekend. Ah what do ya do?! Happy wife happy life right!

Excellent! I hope she likes it ... The CT grips are nice as well. Train her to be proficient with it and you won't have much to worry about when you leave her alone for those long hunting/fishing weekends. Watch out though, you may be prone to a jealous moment or two when she outshoots you at the range inevitably! laugh Women have a knack for being expert marksmen ... Err markswomen lol.