• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New woods to hunt

harvey lee

Don't know if I will be doing the archery season in ND this fall so I thought last week, I should see if I could find a location close to home to do some bow hunting.

Asked a friend if I could hunt a smaller 10 acre woods in the middle of a section and he said sure and noone else will be in there but you.

I took a walk through the woods this aft and saw some good sign along the field edges. This evening an hour before dark, I parked my truck about 200 yards away and watched with my field glasses. 6 does with fawns and a buck came out that I could see. The buck came out pretty late so I could not see what it had to head gear.

Pretty pumped seeing that many deer in one hour this evening with never being in this woods.

Pumped to do some archery hunting again in Mn as it has been probably 20 years since I have.

I always thought of hunting this woods for many year so I will see if it pays off.

I'll miss my 3-5 days trips to ND archery hunting, just figured I could do as well at home and spend hundreds less on gasoline.

We will have to hook up next fall Scoot.

One hates to factor money into the fall archery season but I can save $190 in license fees and for 1 fall, aprox $160 per trip for fuel. Makes 5-7 trips and that runs into some serious cash for 1 deer.

Once the herd is back up and some nicer bucks roam the ranch, then I will be back up chasing whitetails.

Be the first year in 22-23 years I have not chased whitetails in ND.

Gotta be one nice buck running the woods that has your name on it Scoot and maybe you can whack one with one of the boys along, I am sure they would love that.

Hunt where u please on the ranch this fall and good luck on your upcoming trip.

Love getting new places to hunt and then learning the area. Spent the afternoon Saturday out on a new patch of land I have been given permission to hunt. Not the biggest woods, but its a pinch point and natural funnel for the deer, looks promising. Good luck Harvey, hope you stick a pig!

Well, I put out a trail camera in 1 location but not alot of trafic there. So yesterday I went to the woods and did more scouting and found a much better looking location with more deer usage.

I went back this am after 22 hours of the camera being there and I hasd a pic of 1 doe and 3 bucks. 1 was a 8, 10 and a 12. Both the 10 and 12 were a tad wider than the ears and had some nice height.

Guess I will need to get in the stand in the next week or so when the next cool wave comes along.