• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Trailer axle

fivebucks

Ordered a new axle for EZ Loader boat trailer and it is too long and they say they don't have anything else so I would have to have the wheels stick out a few inches past the fenders. Not acceptable to me. Anyone know of a local place that does axles? (meaning within a couple hours of Twin Cities) A different option is new spindle. My spindle is shot so can someone weld on a new spindle so it is good as new? It does look like I can have an axle built to specs via internet but want to find local first if possible. Thanks.

contact redneck trailer supply in st cloud. they built a axle for my old boat trailer. they have a fast turn around time and reasonable prices. they will help you take the correct measurments to make sure you get the right one. what I did when I replaced the one on my old boat trailer was to jack the boat and trailer up and put it on blocks and then I pulled the old axle off and took it to them. they did the measuring and I had the replacement axle in like a week. I looked for a welding shop to replace the spindle on the old axle and all the ones I talked to said they won't weld spindles because of the liability if something was to happen when pulling the trailer.