• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Equipment--suggestions

BuckmasterG

Hey guys! My bow has treated me well through the seasons and figured I'd give back to it by doing some replacements and upgrades. Everything is still operable and in average/good condition, but was contemplating what everyone thought was their most important piece of equipment or order of importance (from most important to least important). All opinions and suggestions are welcome! String, arrows, rest, sites etc..?

Thanks,

BM

If you havn't replaced the string in several years, that's where you need to start.

If you have anything other than a good drop-away rest, you may want to look at those next.

The newer fibre optic sight pins are leaps and bounds better than anything that was available even a few years ago. Check them out while you're at it.

You guys are on the same wavelength as I am at this point.

String/cables were my first priority, and was leaning towards arrows next, cuz my arrows I bought last year aren't my ideal weight.

My local Archerer is trying to talk me into going back to the drop-away rest, been using a Wiskerbiscuit(which I like) on this bow but it needs to be replaced at some point.

I do have the fiber optic pins on my site and don't feel like I need to replace it, but my LED battery on the site went out so they were trying to talk me into rather replacing the battery, just replace the rest for a few more bucks, not dead set on doing that yet.

Thanks for the suggestions keep em coming.

If it ain't broke don't fix it.

String/cables are a maintenance thing, and as the other guys suggested is good to look at. Like tires on a car.

If you like the whisker biscuit and shoot well with it, don't change it. Same for the sight. Both of those items are expensive to replace and fairly unnecessary. I don't own any sights that use a LED to light the pins, just standard fiber optic coils that gather light. The only times I can't see my pins are when it is obviously not legal shooting time.

Thanks for all the suggestions guys, I appreciate each of you taking your time to give me your input.

In the end I decided since I have a wedding to save for, that I couldn't break the bank. I am getting my strings and cables replaced with leeches (same setup I already had), purchased a replacement WiskerBiscuit, and bought some Victory vforcehv v3 arrows.

Has anyone shot the victories, if so how have you liked them??

I realize the v3's are middle of the pack (v1's best quality v6's being least) but they sounded like the arrow I was looking for...

I had a limb driver rest. Returned it. Would not raise the arrow fully in cold weather.

limb driven rests have downfalls too. Just slightly different than traditional drop aways.

Same is true for every rest out there, Biscut types, prong types, all of them. Positives and Negatives of each kind out there.

Just be aware of them, and check check check, practice practice practice.