• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Sick Cat

I have a 93 550 EXT. When I went to start it yesterday it spit and choked like it was about to backfire and the RPM 'S flucuated up and down. I tried several times with same results. Put in new plugs and it ran but top ends 50 and you have to thumb the throttle to keep running. Idiles poorly. ANY IDEAS ?

Hey guys!!! Play nice!!

Seeing that the sick cat is fuel injected, does it have a battery? If its anything like an older Polaris EFI sled I used to work on, if there's anything wrong with the electrical system, the fuel delivery get all confused.

Just a thought......Dan
BTW....Just for the record, my old XLT has pulled more than its fair share of "ditch pickles" to safety. grin.gif (JK)

------------------
[email protected]

The sick Cat has electric start. A while back it seemed that it loaded up right away when the electric start was used. I was pull starting it and it fired right up on the first pull and the load up problem was gone.

ggehring....

It sounds a lot like that Polaris EFI sled. I'm going to say your problem is electrical. Maybe your EFI "primes" when the electric start is activated and forgets to drop to a "run" condition. Thus loading up the motor with a ton of fuel. I'm no Cat mechanic, so I'm only guessing here. Check your plugs. Are you running rich? Are they wet at all? Check the battery. Charge your old one up, or swap in one of known working order. Clean all your connections. And if all else fails, it may be dealer time.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help......Dan

------------------
[email protected]