• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Choosing a Trailer

Dr. Bob

I'll try this again!

Does anyone have any tips on buy a trailer. I am wondering what to buy..........Aluminum vs Galvinized. And what brands are best?

Dr. Bob

------------------
Crank the Shank!

I have a Sled Bed double with a ramp that I use to hall my Bearcat. You can back off or drive off the front. It pulls good and it is the best I have used. Has good lights. It is aluminum. Really cuts down on the weight.

A guy from a trailer place told my brother that aluminum trailers do require a little care as well. They oxidize more than people realize. Does this mean the aluminum will lose it's strength, kind of like rusting steel? I own aluminum as well and try to wash it frequently.

I've owned Aluminum,Steal and galvanile. Stay away from steal. Aluminum has a tendancy to crack along the welds and everything else rusts. Pick your poison