• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Chicken Leg Quarters

Brought out the smoker again today and did chicken leg quarters. Bought 2 packs and did each one a little different. First pack I did a typical bbq rub and the other I did a more savory rub with more fresh herbs.

Smoked both for 2 1/2 hours at 250 degrees with apple wood in the charcoal smoker. During the smoke I sprayed them down with apple juice to retain moisture. I then finished them on the gas grill for 30 minutes and applied the sauce. For the bbq chicken I used Sweet Baby Rays Sweet Vadalia Onion sauce and for the savory I used a fresh herb mix that my wife made up. It included basil, chives, olive oil, a little cider vinegar, and maybe a few other things all pureed together.

Both turned out great, super moist and flavorful.

The finished product as they are finishing up on the gas grill.

20120728_1856481.jpg