• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

1967 Mustang 302 overheating. Opinions on what steps to take.

I have not had this car a long time. Runs great. Problem is it only had 50 miles put on in the last 5 years. Coolant was just changed before I got it, but appears to have some rust and debris in it. This weekend I will be replacing the thermostat and removing the waterpump to inspect. Should I stick a garden hose in the block and flush? I have heard good and bad with this. I will backflush the radiator, even thought about taking it to a shop to be cleaned. I think I will also install a Tefba filter. Opinions? Thanks!

'67 Mustang... Is it a fast back?

Since none of the more knowledgable car persons has replied yet I'll take a stab at it...

Sounds like the whole car is shot. I'll do you a favor and take it off your hands and spare you any further misery winklaughgrin

Sorry, its a coupe. Update: Drained radiator to do thermostat and stuck a pen light in there. Plugged up. I have a aluminum 3 row on order. I stuck a garden hose in the block and to my suprise, only clean water came out. Do you guys think I need a coolant filter? I do not feel like plugging up my new radiator.

'67 Mustang... Is it a fast back?

Since none of the more knowledgable car persons has replied yet I'll take a stab at it...

Sounds like the whole car is shot. I'll do you a favor and take it off your hands and spare you any further misery winklaughgrin

Ha,ha. wink

My same thought when reading this.

My first car ever at age 16 '66 Fastback with HP 289 4 barrel! Sweet! So yes I will take the problem off your hands as well! laugh

Don't forget to check out the heater core to see if it is plugged up as well! eek