• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

LMS 520c external

SPIN DRY

Question

Won't let me drop an icon if I'm in split screen. Also some times it won't lay down a trail if I'm using the trolling motor. The trail just moves along with the boat, instead of laying a new one. I've had nothing but trouble with this unit, makes it hard to buy another one from them. Thanks for any ideas.

13 answers to this question

Don't know if it will help but you could try a soft reboot you won't lose any of your icon's or way points. With unit turned off push and hold pages button at the same time push and hold power button until unit powers up. This helped my Eagle 480 fishlite when it won't display my Lakemasters card right.

When you are in the split screen are you sure the chart page is active when you want to place an icon? Because you have two features displaying at a time, only one will be functional by pressing the buttons on the unit.

You need to switch panes. If that isnt it, then I have no idea unless by chance you have reached maximum storage and hence the reason you are no longer laying new tracks as well.

No I delete my trails every time out. You can sit and watch the trail move on the screen when you are say rigging or jigging using the trolling motor to move around. I thought I was at max storage for icons at first, but I can still lay them down when I'm in full map.

when you split your screen, which side is the chart on? The reason I say that ties back to my comment about which panel is "active" by default the left side is active and if the chart is on the right side and not active that could be causing this issue for you.

Before you do the reboot, look at the top of the screen on both sides, it will say active on one side or the other, if its on the sonar side hit the pages button twice, it will then be active on the gps side and allow you to put an icon. the reason it will allow you to leave an icon on full screen is because it is the active screen then.

On your other issue, try speeding up a bit to see if the trail behaves like it should. your pointer is moving where you are on the map just not the trail.

No it works fine at high speed, it's just when you go slow and aren't moving very far. Also the screen is active, because it is show the trail being laid. It's not the puck cause I tried it on another unit and it worked fine.

Just because the trail is being left behind does not mean it's active. It will function normally but only when the screen is active will the buttons control features on the chart. With the unit on like you normally do and experience the problem of not dropping icons hit the zoom in and zoom out buttons. If the chart changes that's active. If the sonar changes that active.