• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2002 Dakota Blower Motor/Resistor Question

I am looking for some assistance. My ac blower wont blow at all. It is a newer motor which runs when connected directly to a 12v battery. I put the meter on the connection and get 12v going to the blower motor. Once the connection is made, no blow. I put a 12v light bulb to the connection and wont light. Recap, 12v is going to the blower, but no power under a load. All testing was done with the switch on high, so that means it isn't the resistor, right? Any assistance is appreciated. Thanks.

Check the resistor and plug carefully to see if it shows any melting or corrosion. Pull the resistor out and visually look at it. You'll know when you see it if its bad.

I dont have a schematic here, but it probably grounds through the resistor.

Thanks! Resistor has gone out in the past, but is now a brand new resistor. #2 prong is burnt, do you know if that is the ground? Anyway, resistor harness has some char on the #2 prong. I suppose my next step will be to replace the harness. Expensive, dealership wants $80 for a harness.

Thanks guys. It's fixed, for now. I took the resistor out and cleaned the harness, scraping the connections. I loaded everything up with electric greese and plugged it back in. To my amazement it worked. I assume it will only be a temporary fix, but it didn't cost me anything.

Almost sounds like the ignition switch from your description. Next time it happens check for power on both wires at the blower with everything plugged in amy th key on. If there is no power on either wire and the fuse is good than I would work y way back to the ignition switch. Especially if power returned to one of the two wires if you unplugged the blower motor.