• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

want to try out bowfishing!

So I have a compound bow permanently lent to me by my girlfriend's uncle (seems like shoulder issues may keep him from ever shooting again).

It's old, but it works great. It's probably a little bit long of a draw for me, and her uncle said it's 70lbs or so, but I can shoot it well enough. Where would a good place be close to 35w from minneapolis on up to blaine that would adjust the draw length/weight for me if needed?

Anyone want to give me some suggestions for getting started on shooting some carp? Where can I go to get a line holder and bowfishing arrows?

And most importantly, with this high water lately, is anyone having any luck near the metro with shooting some carp? Are they currently spawning or has that passed? I've got a few ideas for places I might want to try north of the cities a bit.

Cabelas has a great supply and I believe Joes sporting goods probably carys some as well. you could also check a few local to yu bait shops most of them carry some sort of bowfishing equipment.

Good Luck

I'm not sure on any archery shops in those areas.

Cabelas has a great supply and I believe Joes sporting goods probably carys some as well. you could also check a few local to yu bait shops most of them carry some sort of bowfishing equipment.

Good Luck

I'm not sure on any archery shops in those areas.

Capra's is out that way off Hwy 65/Central Ave in Blaine for archery. They also have some bowfishing supplies.

I would go to Bwana (spelling?) in maplewood area, 694 and 35e south west side where 694 east hits 35e. I have had some not so great experience with the shop listed above. Bwana only does archery and they are good, they have everything you need. Make sure you get the arrows with the slides on them ( you will know what I mean when you see them) big safety issue. I would also invest in the bottle real, also a safety thing and awesome accuracy compared to the spool. North Metro lakes, centerville, is good, linwood, coon are a few. Polarized glasses are a must, I've shot them on coon as late as OCT. Happy hunting, shoot low!

Kettle

Gander mtn in Blaine on hwy 65 has ams bowfishing kits for 150. I was in the same boat as you two weeks ago then went and picked up one of these kits and haven't touched a pole since.... Going back to green lake tonight smile

I have an AMS retriever and arrow, works like a champ... And I know a lot of lakes in northern suburbs that are great if you want some info or want to go shooting (my bowfishing boats outta commission so if you got one) shoot me a message... Oh and +3 to Bwana best shop in MN

You guys know any in the nw metro by maple grove Rogers? This is my first year bowfishing bought the bottle real and a arrow a lot cheaper than the package even if I wanted another arrow