• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Direct or Dish TV?

mnhunter2

I switched to Dish when my Direct TV reciever went capoot and they wanted something like $150 to send me a new one. I had been a good customer for years and while they were giving new subscribers free recievers they wouldn't do the same for a loyal customer. I had Dish installed the next day.

They are both overpriced if you want a lot of channels. They set up the packages so you have incentive to go up a notch to get what you want.

I am just about to the end of my 2 year contract with Dish. And will probably test the waters as far as a provider. My local cable company called my bluff and wouldn't cave when I threatened to switch for a better deal 2 years ago so I left. Now I am getting all sorts of flyers in the mail to go back. I may consider DirectTV if I can get a decent deal but will probably go back to my local cable company.

I don't have too many complaints with Dish, it worked 99.9% of the time with exception of a few (not all) thunderstorms.

My biggest complaint is that the basic channel package is a great deal, but to go up from there is a significant price increase just for a few channels I am insterested in the rest are junk. I had the America's Top 120+ but then I had to pay $10 extra just to get the SPEED channel and all other channels in that extra package are worthless to me.

I would really really love to have the NBC Sports Netwrok (formerly VERSUS) channel again but I have to get the most expensive package America's Top 250 another $30 to get that.

UPDATE..

DIRECT TV has just droped 25 channels (commedy central,mtv,bet,spike,county music channel,nickalodian, and more) ALL WERE DROPED BECAUSE THEY HAVE TO PAY MORE THESE CHANNELS THEY CALL IT THEIR "PROMISE TO KEEP LOW PRICES"

MY BILL HASENT BEEN REDUCED AND NO OTHEER CHANNELS HAVE BEEN OFFERED TO REPLACE THE DROPPED CHANNELS...

Im dropping them asp. other cable providers kept their prices and channels the same.

Why cant DIRECT tv do the same?

POOR MANAGEMENT..they save their money ,and customers pay them more for each channel

I would say Dish Network, after switching a few months ago to DTV.

The Local Channels In Duluth are not in HD. And the Said rebates we where told we would recieve never happened, allot of ill check into that and we will call you back. Well, they never call back. So I call twice a week and get the same thing. I'm going to pony up the $250 and drop DTV. I should of stayed with dish. And Tried out the HOPPA, or whatever thay have to network the TVs in the house. But they were not giving me the deal I thought I deserved after being a good Customer. I'm Curious to know if you Dtv subscribers get local HD where you live?

All in the course of the last year, I've had Dish, Direct and Comcast.

Out of all of them, I really liked Dish the best. I never had trouble with reception and loved how their DVRs worked with the multiroom boxes.

I have comcast now, because I didn't want to fiddle around with multiple companies to get super fast internet on a new house, but as soon as I make my next move, it'll be back to Dish for me.