• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lake Master Chip Help?

Walleye_Addict

Unfortunately I live in Ohio and Lake Master does not have any maps for Ohio as of now. Our stores do not carry any demo chips for me to view. I am planning on a trip to Johnson and Little Johnson Lake in St. Louis County Minnesota at the beginning of July. I would be interested in buying a chip if it shows me enough definition of these two lakes but I have no way of knowing. My question is to any Lake Master chip owner is if they could provide a picture of some details of these two lakes so I could see if it would be worth my investment.

Question #2 I am looking for some 1/2 and 3/4 oz bucktails with the eyelet on the end. I was wondering if any one might be able to point me in the right direction to purchase some. Cabelas doesn't have the colors I am looking for and BassPro doesn't have the type I am looking for.

Thanks Minnesota newbie

On lakemaster's HSOforum they are both non-HD lake maps so they will basically be DNR maps. You could just as well get the Navionics smart phone app to cover yourself at that point.

As far as in-line bucktails go, Thorne Brothers here in the Twin Cities metro is where I go.

+1 on the Navionics mobile app. It is going to be your best option since there is no Lakemaster coverage there. Do you have a smartphone, or ipad?

If you wanted a chip for your locator you could buy the Navionics north chip. A lot of money, but you could sell it as you said.

Yeah the mobile app seems nice. But I found out when you do not have any phone service you will not have any gps. The map will still show but it would not show my position. I may look into this further but I would still like to see what the details of the lake master might show.

Thanks for the reply....

Yeah the mobile app seems nice. But I found out when you do not have any phone service you will not have any gps. The map will still show but it would not show my position. I may look into this further but I would still like to see what the details of the lake master might show.

Thanks for the reply....

Not necessarily true. If it's got true GPS then it will work even without service. Others have GPS that depends on cell tower triangulation, which is reliant on cell service. Depends on the model phone you have. Same goes for tablets. If you get a tablet with a built in GPS antenna (like a galaxy tab) then it will work without a 3G type service.

Well I guess the map is not supposed to be. I purchased the Navionics mobile app. Which is a great deal for 15 bucks--(USA and Canada). But the map for Johnson lake is screwed up. Long story short I contacted Navionics and they filed a report about it. Another thing about using an iphone is that the screen washes out in bright sunlight.