• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

lcd tv's

kb1965

Heading north for 17 days fishing and planning on taking a 32" lcd tv with. What is the best way to haul it? Laying it down on the bed, or standing it up and proping stuff around it so it doesn't fall over?

Roughing it smoothly grin

Seriously I see ours more as RVing than camping. But we still rather go to the more rustic campgrounds and to run the TV we have a smallish bin with a deep cycle battery and inverter with an outlet wire in to it so we can watch the news and or weather reports. Rarely are we where there is electricity and I don't like to run the generator that much, so the inverter setup works well.

Sorry Erik, but when you have smaller children with you have to entertain them in the evening's when not out fishing. Also for having the "M" along with your title I would have figured a legit question would have been answered by a moderator a little differently.

I learned a long time ago that camping is a very dynamic activity. I have certainly passed judgement in the past about those who "rv" and call it camping because I thought I was Mr. Camper/Backpacker etc etc. Needless to say, I was humbled by those here. Now I own a camper with a flat screen tv when I'm in that mood and I have my 3lb tent when I need to escape everything. To each their own.

As far as bringing the TV, I would lay it down on the bed, screen-side down and protect it that way.