• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Charcoal Sales Right Around Corner

deerminator

I was at the Home Depot today and they had huge pallets of Kingsford shrink-wrapped with papers that said "Memorial Day Sale - 5/24." So next Thursday. They currently had a two 20 pound bag pack for $17+, which is about as low as I've found right now.

Hope they have the same sale this year McGurk. Dotch, how's the Performer working out? Target's ad this weekend showed they have a deal where you buy two 16 pound bags for $16 bucks and then get a $5 gift card. That's the best deal I've found on Kingsford as of now.

Well it looks nice but the Performer still needs to make it's maiden voyage yet. So far the wind whipped the cover off even after I put a couple bricks on it. It's more grill than I need for 4 burgers or a few brats so I use the Smokey Joe or the gas grill for that. As I get into it I'll try to post my likes and dislikes. I'm thinkin' leg of lamb smoked up with apple wood or choke cherry wood this weekend so I have some leftovers for my lunchbox next week. I've had a 22" Weber for over 30 years that's now held together by band clamps, stove bolts and baling wire so I figured I was about due. Thanks for keeping us apprised of the charcoal sales. There are always potential guests to entertain and large things like turkeys to grill. Running out of charcoal is never an option.

How long is that deal good for McGurk? My path hasn't been running close to Wally World just lately which is generally speaking a good thing. Much rather be looking at wildlife, er, I mean weeds in and around corn fields. wink For that kind of price however I could make an exception. smile

Home Depot's price was $7.97 last year for 2 20 lbs if I remember correctly. My buddy bought 20 of them. It always used to be $9.97 for 2 but they lowered it last year. It will be interesting to see what it is tomorrow. Anyways it looks like there are some good deals out there.

I picked up 6 bags from HD and added to my 4 from Target in the garage and my charcoal bin out back is full up already too. I thought maybe I should wait til the 4th of July sales now but my wife says why didn't I buy more!