• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Good Shore Fishing Spots to bring Kids

reinhard1

I usualy fish in north of where i live here in Anoka County. not that familiar with lakes between here and Prior Lake. i have looked around on the puter but would like first hand ideas on lakes that have a park with a playground and beach and of course a good place to fish off shore between here and Prior lake and western Metro area. thanks. good luck.

You should look up Hyland park in Bloomington. It has an amazing system of parks and you can rent canoes. The main playground next to the lake is called shuts and laters and a blast for kids. There's also many picnic areas with a nice central building with concession stands and restrooms. Kids are going to love it and even if it's a little further than you want to go, it's worth the drive.

Simple1

If you find yourself around Hwy 36 and Lexington Ave, the city of Roseville has a fishing dock on Bennett Lake. There is a nice playground on that end of the lake as well as another playground on the east end. No swimming beach. Lots of people fish from shore around the lake, a paved walking path circles the lake, it gets really weedy by mid-summer. Plenty of small panfish in the lake, some decent bass, big carp and supposedly some catfish.

Another lake with a dock and playground is on Lake Josephine just up Lexington Ave a little. There is a Dairy Queen across the street, a beach, and a boat launch. That lake is full of tiny perch, near shore is all about 5-6' deep.

if you're open to the idea of the mississippi river instead of a lake with a nice playground I would check out Otsego county park. lakes with playgrounds around the Monticello/Buffalo area include Buffalo lake (stregous park ,downtown) Beebe Lake (Beebe regional park, has fishing pier), I believe Pleasant lake by Annandale has a nice regional park with playground and fishing pier.