• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

gopro question

Carpenter

For anyone whose used a gopro while atving, did you use the vented back or the water proof?

Obviously, not planning on swimming while riding, else id know to use the water proof :-)

Im thinking of mounting it up front on my face guard. Thoughts? Im thinking the side would hurt my neck after a while, and the top would be likely to hit branches.

Do you already have a GoPro or looking to buy?

If you have one then you have probably noticed that the audio is fairly muffled when using the waterproof enclosure. I have not used the vented enclosure but it might help with the audio quality if that is important to you. Otherwise I'd just use the waterproof case and then there would be no worries about possible water damage.

you wont notice it on your head or at-least I don't, and I never hit anything with it.

I also had good success mounting it to a chest protector.

To be honest it takes some trial an error. I have missed out on a lot of good riding footage because I didn't have it set perfect. I was always to high, to low etc. Make sure you get it dialed in before you go on a ride you want to capture. I have a few hours recorded of nothing but the sky, and then over corrected it and got the ground when I rode in WV a couple years ago at Hatfield McCoy.