• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Any you guys out there familar with a Extrema 2? I have one and been having some cycling problems latley. Eithere the shell will stovepipe, or just get stuck on the carrier on it's way up into the battery. Just a quick nudge and it will finish the cycle. Only really happends on longer shells 3'' and 3.5''. It's been cleaned and only helps for the first 100 rounds or so and back to the same ole. Any quick input?

what kind of loads are you shooting through it? The reason I ask is if it works for about 100 rounds and then seems to gunk up and stick, maybe the rounds you are using are super dirty, or you are using too much oil when cleaning it. could be a dirty gas port too I supposed. No I don't own and extrema 2 but just from your description led me to my idea.....

I've got an extrema2 among other berettas also, I have never heard of that problem before. Is it doing it all the time, when its colder? Not sure what is going on, also sounds to me like its gunked up somewhere. Doubt its an exhaust port by it might be worth checking the barrel just to be sure. Send a pipe cleaner through the ports. What kind of oil are you using? Almost all of my Berettas shoot everything and then some. No problem with the extrema at the trap range either.

Have you cleaned the bolt and extractors? I think that is where the problem is, not the magazine tube or gas ports, which if I am mistaken, the Extrema runs a recoil system like benelli right?

You might have to disassemble the entire bolt carrier and clean it really well too.

I took the bolt out and yes cleaned that with srubber and such also. Took trigger assy out also cleaned the frame or whatever you want to call the shell of the reciever. I called beretta they sent me a take to ship it in for waranty. I think that will be my next step.

Picks, extremas are still gas operated using the piston. Too bad about having to send it back in. I found berettas to be one of the most reliable guns out there. Not the easiest to clean, but the lightest recoil, smoothest operation, and most dependable of the auto loaders.