• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Transducer Interferance ?

holmsvc

Question

Can a Hummingbird transducer be mounted on the back of the boat next to a Lowrance transducer? I am not sure if there would be any sort of interference between the two.

I'd like to get leave my current bird on the dash and use it mostly for GPS and use the Lowrance for my graph.

8 answers to this question

Please let us know if running the 2 units works, I am looking to do the same. I have a Lowrance HDS5 I want to run on the front and looking to install a Hummingbid in the rear both units will have the transducer mounted on the transum. I want both units to run at the same time. You would think they could come up with an interferency switch, they do for the Ice units (Vexilar and Marcum can run next to each other).

Please let us know if running the 2 units works, I am looking to do the same. I have a Lowrance HDS5 I want to run on the front and looking to install a Hummingbid in the rear both units will have the transducer mounted on the transum. I want both units to run at the same time. You would think they could come up with an interferency switch, they do for the Ice units (Vexilar and Marcum can run next to each other).

it depend on which HB unit you get. look for a HB that offers the 2D sonar in 200Khz and 455Khz. the 597 down Imaging model does this and there may be other HB units that do this also. The Lowrance would run on 200Khz and you would have to set the HB to 455Khz. if you did this there should not be any interference between the two. on my boat I am currently running a HB 597CI HD DI and a Lowrance X510C and have them set up on the different frequencies so there is no interference issues.

I don't understand what you're trying to do. If you're mounting a unit in the front, why don't you put that transducer in the front (bow mount trolling motor)? If you don't have a bow mount troling motor, why do you want a depth finder up front?

Humminbirds 2D sonar runs on 200 and 83khz, I dont know what the Lowrance you currently have is outputting, but I would guess it would be the same for 2D. Side and down imaging run on 455 and 800.

You can turn the sonar ping off on either unit.