• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

pigeons

rymcneil

Does anyone know where I could buy pigeons around the rochester/ owatonna area? Thanks for any help!

Funny, I was just going to post this today as well! If you find out (other than from this board), let me know.

I honestly don't know that many people who sell pigeons, period. The best bet you'd have would be to speak with breeders/trainers in your area that may have a brood of homing pigeons. They could be apt to sell a few for training purposes, but it's a shame to waste homers on a day foray.

I'm seriously contemplating trapping some pigeons in the very near future. My relatives in Fergus have a farm that is inundated with pigeons. I bet I could pay my cousin a small fee to trap them for me during the week, and then I could collect them on the weekends. Would make this whole bird shortage thing much easier to handle...

here is what you run into. You can buy quail for less the pigeons. I end up trapping and catching my own at the horse fams and under the bridges. It is work but you end up with some good hard flying birds. That will lat through pups if you pull the flight feathers and or wing tie them.