• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Group camps or other secluded sites for group

shiltsy

I am looking for a secluded site that will accommodate a group of 8-10 this summer. We're all middle aged guys getting away from the wives for the weekend, so we probably won't be tucked in reading books at 10pm... We will be up at 5:00 am every morning to head out fishing. We're all professional/respectable guys, but I don't want to be 15 feet from a couple in a tent that can hear every word uttered around the campfire at midnight. We'll drive 5 hours from the metro if we need to. Here are the requirements we are looking for:

- Site that will accommodate one 28' RV plus tents (hike in sites won't work unfortunatley)

- Near a lake with decent fishing and one that can use a boat on

- Group camp or otherwise secluded site that we could use. Basically just need a field that's within walking distance to the lake.

Any recommendations? I have seen a couple of campgrounds in National Forests that may work well. Would be really curious to hear of anyone has used them or has other ideas.

Thanks!

they have a nice group site on Bearhead State Park in Ely. it has everthing you ask for except i dont know about the RV [something you could inquire on]. They are popular and if interested you should contact the park when reservations are taken. the park itself has great showers and a fish cleaning house and ice is available there. you are away from all other campers and if you want to know about the fishing you can PM me. good luck.

Couple come to mind, Harriet Lake up in Lake County and Echo Lake up in St. Louis county(not too far from Crane Lake). Echo has a group site and Harriet does have a few campsites plus a large field that I believe you can camp in. Both are pretty rustic, no showers etc.

Whiteface is like any other northern lake, you don't go blasting around until you know where safe routes are. Whiteface in mid-summer is good to go with the water at summer pool. It can be a prop buster early in the season. As a suggestion there are lots of people who rent their cabins by the week. That way you would have the whole place to yourself. Vermillion would be a good lake for this. Check the VRBO HSOforum.