• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I Am Looking for a Trainer…

Jack The Ripped

I Am Looking for a Trainer…

Can anyone recommend a good trainer in Southern or Western Minnesota, or Eastern South Dakota? I have a GSP 8 months old that I would like to get into an “Intermediate Program”. He has been through a 2 week "Bird & Gun Intorduction Class" already.

Thanks

Jack

I have had 2 dogs trained by Chad Hines at Willow Creek Kennels and I can't say enough good about their operation. They use a reward system and the dogs stay so calm it is incredible. I would recommend that you check with them and see if they have room. Try to keep the dog there for 10-12 weeks and you won't regret it. It's a lot of dough but you're going to have the dog for a long time and having a well mannered dog that loves to hunt will make every year memorable.

I have had 2 dogs trained by Chad Hines at Willow Creek Kennels and I can't say enough good about their operation. They use a reward system and the dogs stay so calm it is incredible. I would recommend that you check with them and see if they have room. Try to keep the dog there for 10-12 weeks and you won't regret it. It's a lot of dough but you're going to have the dog for a long time and having a well mannered dog that loves to hunt will make every year memorable.

+1

If you are looking for someone in the more SW part of Mn, try David Pabst. I am not sure if he does it anymore due to a health issue he had a few yrs ago (the big C at age 30) but He has been to school down in Oklahoma to train dogs and he is VERY GOOD at what he does.. Try googling PBR kennels, or if you are more interested I have his # as he used to be my neighbor.. lol

Jack, Mr Goodahl did the same thing. He was down south for an aprentice program in KS with a big operator down there for a number of years. He moves back and put up a nice place there and does a great job. Right in the area your looking for. If you want his contact let me know. All he does is pointing dogs.

docking kennels is in northfield my dog is in week 7 of a 10 week program she also did the bird and gun dog training he is very good next 10 weak class starts in june16 well known trainer all of the united states he also worked with raven from minnesota bound

Hey Lemar, my dog is also in the current Dokkens program 7 weeks in. I go see her next Thursday for my first session. very excited. Both her parents are Dokkens dogs that I have hunted behind as well as several other Dokkens dogs and I have been very impressed. It is a bit more expensive then others but I am a big believer in "you get what you pay for". My dog is 7th generation Dokkens and I have not encountered a Dokkens dog that I was not impressed with. There are many great trainers and one should choose wisely as it will be the foundation for the relationship you have with your dog for the next 12 years or so.

Good Hunting!