• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I have a couple posts up by now but a new oppertunity arrose. My dad asked me if i wanted to buy his never used marlin 336 30-30 spikehorn. It is around eight years old so it was made when marlin owned it own company. The price was 350. I was wondering if i should get this instead of saving up for a tikka or remington.

Well, you can look at it two ways. It's your Dad's. Getting it from him is carrying on a legacy plus it is a decently manufactured rifle. Secondly, that caliber will probably meet your needs for several years until you upgrade to a more versitile caliber. If you are asking for opinions, I'd buy it.

I would have to agree with Paul with the bullets that they offer these guns these days you might be in for a great suprise and I dont care what anyone say you cant go wrong with a 30-30 it has stood the test of time and probably has killed more deer that anyother round out there.

great way to start your gun collection too.

I would buy the tikka or remington. Being the marlin was never used I would buy it for speculation. If a gun is handed down from a relative, then you would want it to pass it down to other relatives. A gun handed down to me has no monetary value. I have my one grandfathers double barrel, 12 gauge, and my other grandfathers old 30-30. They were handed down to me and will be handed down to my children. If I had bought them, they then would have a monetary value.