• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bow String

I know I posted this some time agao, but can't find it.

I need to put a new string on my bow, I was looking at a few different ones, but I would like to stay away from ones with alot of twists that take a long time to straighten out.

I use a G3 peep with no rubber hose so I do not want to deal with the peep twisting all the time.

Thanks again, sorry to re-post.

Winners Choice is what I put on all my bows. Even though Vaportrail is a local company I didn't like them as much,I had a lot of twist and stretch while breaking it in. 2c

Agreed. I even have friends that work for Vapor Trail, but Winners Choice is a much better (and more expensive) product IMO. You may not find anything In-Stock at most pro shops other than Vapor Trail and maybe Zebra strings though. Might take a few days to order in the Winners Choice.

hey rippinlip have you ever looked at the anchor sight i got rid of my peep a few years ago after trying one archery innovations make them if i rember right they were invented here in minnesota? if you want to check one out pm me im not that far from you. no more twisted peep for me

Thanks guys.

Looks like I will be looking at some Winners Choice.

Should I also order new bus cables too?

ice,

Looked at them and I am just not sure.

Maybe will take you up on the offer at some point.

Where do you go to practice?

We shoot at the new range at Northfield and then at some friends with our 3D targets.

I would replace them all at the same time. another string I like are prolines. I shot winners choice on a few bows, and liked them, but they are expensive, as for vapor trail, I had goo luck with them also. I think now wc is starting to use 8190 vs 8192.. most all other string makes use 452.

Got the new strings and cables on last week. Winners Choice were the ones I went with and already have shot a bunch with them and new peep has not moved a tad.

Did learn something when I had them installed.

I use to have a kisser button on the old string and was going to put a new one again, but it was mentioned to me that with a string stop installed on the bow that a kisser is not recommended.

So I was shown how to install a simple knot tied on the string that bumps the nose while at full draw does about the same thing.

Did I ever mention how much I like shooting bow..... grin