• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Father/Daughter ride

Dragonsm

I got the sled out Friday night and got in a good 3 1/2 hour ride with a neighbor.

Didn't get out Saturday, but Sunday I snuck over to Shade Tree Powersports with my daughter who just turned 4 and she picked out her own helmet and baclava. After a quick nap, we geared up and headed out for a little trip around the trails.

This was her first time ever on a snowmobile and we had an absolute blast! Didn't set any land speed records, but it was a really great feeling being able to share the experience with her. At times I could hear her singing or laughing with delight even over the exhaust. When it was all said and done, we were out for about 1 1/2 hours and put on over 12 miles. Her first question to me was "when are we going again?"

Just thought I'd share....definately makes up for the lack of snow we've had all winter long in my mind.

Here's a picture "mom" took as we departed on our trip.

Steve

photo1.jpg

Great up date Dragonsm. Brings back great memories of when my kids were that age. Remember when you come to a stop in the woods or on the trail to turn off the sled right away. My son at about that same age thought it was "His Turn" to drive when we pulled up for a stop and dad got off before hitting the kill switch. He grabbed the gas and took off! Good thing we were in the woods and dad caught him fast enough! eek Also, you don't have to speed to have a fun ride! Kids have just as much fun looking around at the sites along the way as they do going fast! wink

Her head was on a swivel looking at everything and pointing out everything/anything.

We stopped on the way home and I picked up a treat for her and she said she wanted to "drive" the sled. There's an open field near my place so I thought..."what the heck, have fun steering but don't squeeze the throttle". I was also helping her and she gave it a good squeeze. She figured out how to go fast! grin

The powder (or mountain) strap worked perfectly for her as a handle bar to hang on to.

Steve,

It's good to see that you got a chance to get out this year. It looks like you daughter had a good time as well.

I took my daughter (12 yrs) out for a short ride in Friday afternoon and let her try driving for a while. Now she's looking forward to snowmobile training class next year!