• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Prop Pitch Chart

snowfighter

Do have a tac seem to run around 5500(tac red line 6000) but not sure never run full throttle after I get on plane. Did figure out my present prop is 10 3/8x14.Boat seems under powered starting out, sometimes with another person and live well full you wonder if its going to plane. Looking at going to a 10 3/8x 13 I assume this is the next step down from what I have read it would bring my rpm's up 150 to 200.

What kind of boat (brand) length, etc are you running?

You're correct, going down in pitch will help, but 13 might not be enough. That said, unless you're underpowered a 11 pitch prop seems mighty flat for a v hull boat (more typical on pontoon). Your "ideal" RPM's are 6000 like you said, and that's where you wan to run at full throttle, trimmed out.

marine_man

Knowing what rpm's it runs at while wide open, trimmed out would make it easier. If you are at that 5500 at wot, then u have some revs to gain. That will help with planeing as well.
Like I stated about don't run wide open very much but seems to me I remember it around 5500to5600. Wondering now if I drop to 10 3/8x13 from 10 3/8x14 if that would do it or if I should go lower?

Well, that helps put it in perspective a little bit better... If you can, I'd pursue the route suggested above trying to find a dealer that will let you try props. That said, a 13 pitch prop is what I would put on your motor.. but before I would want to spend the money on a new prop, I'd want to make sure that 5500 rpm at WOT, trimmed out is correct. When you're running at WOT, do you trim the motor up until just before it starts to porpoise?

marine_man