• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Looking for a lodge

Im looking for a drive/boat to lodge/cabin with good fishing that we can bring our boat. (18.5 Pro-V) . looking to walleye, pike and possibly trout fish in Ontario. We will be going with my father and his older friend frist week of june. I was thinking about the NW angle of lake of the woods.

Any recomendations or opinions?

Donnelly's Minnitaki Lodge is where we go 2x a year for the past 5 years. Probably will never go anywhere else and have previously fished a number of different Ontario lakes. Sioux Lookout area...

LOW would also be a good choice. Lots of members here will chime in on LOW.

Caribou Lake, up by Armstrong. Forrest Lodge or Bear Paw Lodge. You could spend years on this lake and never fish it all. Great Walleye and Lake Trout Fishing. http://forrestlodge.com/index.html This will give you a look at the lake. We go there because we also like to bring our own boat (Lund Fisherman 2000) Even if the weather turns on you, you can always find someplace to fish. We've also taken some day trips on the loggong roads and fished Brook Trout in some of the little rivers that the roads cross.

Good walleye and pike are available all over NW ontario. A lake that has all 3 species mentioned might be a little tougher. Some of the big lakes with multiple basins will allow you to chase eyes and trout on the same water but you may need to cover a few miles. LOTW and Eagle are 2 that come to mind. Cliff lake is a smaller lake that has all 3 species but not known for #s of walleyes.

The NW Angle on LOTW has plenty of eyes and pike but your gonna have one heck of a run to Clearwater bay or whitefish bay for trout.

Black Island Resort north of Morson. Trailer to Morson, about a 7 mile boat ride all protected waters. Good fishing for LOW's big 4. Small American plan resort. Nothing fancy but nice place. Fished out of there last year.

My pick would be Morson on Lake of the Woods. I usually stay at Red Wing resort. It is a drive to with housekeeping cabins. Excellent ownership and reasonable rates. Nice cabins and docks. Everything is maintained. Easy access to Miles Bay, Stevens Bay and Sabaskong Bay. Walleys, pike and crappies are all available. There are also several other drive-to and boat-in resorts in the area. A nice thing about Morson is that travel time from Duluth is about 5 hours driveway to launch so you get a full 8 hour day fishing after you arrive. If you decide on Morson and plan to cross the border at I falls be aware that a 2 to 3 hour traffic back up is not uncommon. The Baudette crossing is usually less than 1/2 an hour.