• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Avalanche Footage

MN Mike

Couple of videos posted up with avalanche footage, scary thing is where these are happening, nothing out of the ordinary for anyone that's ridden the mountains before to be riding something exactly like this terrain.

The snow is weird out there this year.

Man, that's crazy. That first one will be in the back of my mind next time I sidehill a little hill on the side of the trail!! Your right...that second one look like any ordinary hill one would ride out there.

Now, I just need to get back out there. I got the itch bad but not sure it's gonna work out again this year.

Any of you guys been out yet? None of our crew has....yet, but I know my FIL is itching to get the new M 800 out there.

We haven't gone yet, with the lack of snow earlier there wasn't too much enthusiasm to go but now Cooke has ( or had ) passed 80 inches, that's going to change. I heard the tower at Buffalo Pass is past 6 feet on the stick there, they lost a snowmobiler out there earlier this week too but they were walking out after they got the sleds so stuck there was no hope of getting them out, while walking out, the 2 young kids triggered an avalanche and one did not make it.

We are heading out Feb 15 somewhere, Cooke City or Walden not sure yet.

Just over 30 miles on the sled so far, I'm getting the shakes!

Mike

For us it's mandatory that everyone has beacons. Even trail riding you never know what you're going to encounter, that's why I posted these videos, if people are not looking when that happens, who's going to know where you are?

$5 - $10 per day is what you're looking at to rent a beacon.

Mike

1st video is Cameron Pass in Colorado, it would be west of Fort Collins going towards Walden ( probably closer to Walden ), it's rugged country, never snowmobiled there yet but I have been thru that pass a couple times when we have been out there Elk Hunting.

Second one was from Washington State.

Mike