• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Tikka rifles.....thoughts?

Thinking of getting a Tikka rifle and besides reading about them online I'm curious what people think of them I have a lot of rifles from Winchester, Ruger, Browning to Wetherby. Where do these fit in... I am looking at a T3 laminate stainless.

Thanks all comments appreciated...

I think that there is a T3 thread on here from last year but most guys that responded to it really had good things to say. I own one and my dad owns one and they are both great shooting guns. I have the 300 short mag and my dad has the 223 and both guns will drive tacks at 200 yards.

Tunrevir~

I have a 243 stainless steel laminate. I like the guns soft trigger. Has a really light trigger pull. Some of the things I don't like is how much plastic is on the gun. Something to pay attention to next time you check one out ex trigger guard,housing for the firing pin on the bolt. Another thing I don't like about is the bullet clip only stores with three shells. Found a link on U-tube that gives a pretty good reveiw on it

I have a T3 Lite Stainless in 270 WSM and love it! My dad has a T3 Stainless Laminate in the same caliber and also loves his. It's a very nice looking gun with the laminate stock. Both guns are tack drivers. My only complaint is that you have to watch the safety. Comes off easy if you are busting through brush with it. Because of this I never have a shell in the chamber when I'm walking through the woods unless I'm actually still-hunting. I also wish you could chamber a shell and unload the gun without having to take it off safe. Neither are a huge deal, because I'm aware of the situation and am very careful. Other than those things I can't think of anything I don't like about it. It has a great trigger, too, that you can adjust yourself.

Being so light, it kicks like a mule. I put a Limbsaver recoil pad on it to make it more tolerable. With a Leupold VX3 2.5-8x scope, it's a sweet little package that's a joy to carry around the woods.

Love my Tikka, Wife and son also have them! Awesome gun! Bottom line, they are tack drivers. I wish I was a good enough target shooter to shoot my gun as well as I know it is capable of being shot. I almost feel embarrassed when I shoot it at the range and can cover the 3 shot group with a nickel, as I have had friends shoot it and they can shoot 3 touching with it.