• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

not sure, isn't that the .223 bored up to .30? seems like alotta bullet for a little powder. gotta be alotta drop after 200yds. although, a round like that was probably made for closer encounters & would put someone down real quick. the problem is if i was in the next room watching tv i wouldnt want a bunch of .30 bullets flying around. even if you do hit the target its gonna go through several layers of sheetrock & 2x4. if you wanna see it in action, search "aac honey badger" on that big video sharing HSOforum. pretty cool!

I'd like to get another SCAR and convert it to the 300BLK but from what I've gathered the heavier bolt in the SCAR doesn't play nice with the round and more than a simple barrel change is required, pushing the price up even further.

lmit, did you have a SCAR? i'd love to shoot one sometime. i dont know much about em other than using them in video games and read some articles & they look like a pretty slick firearm. different, but nice. how did it feel compared to an ar?

No, still have it, just had the idea of getting another but in 300BLK. Something different. Unfortunately the conversion is too pricey will probably wait a bit to see where the AR market goes with this caliber.

The SCAR is a dream to shoot. smile

Quote:
30-30 on steroids ...I think I like it. And its got great reviews.

Looks like it's got about as much energy at the muzzle as a .30-30 160gr. Hornady LeverRevolution would have at 200 yds, so not quite comparable to a .30-30. It would be more comparable to a 7.62 x 39, with more punch at close range.

Looks like it's got about as much energy at the muzzle as a .30-30 160gr. Hornady LeverRevolution would have at 200 yds, so not quite comparable to a .30-30. It would be more comparable to a 7.62 x 39, with more punch at close range.

Oh well ... I still want one grin

It's really nothing new, but it is...

JD Jones from SSK industries came up with the wildcat "300 whisper" basically a 221 case necked up to 30 cal back in the late 80's.

It had a cult following in the suppressed community for years untill about 2 years ago AAC basically standardized the cartridge with SAAMI and called it the "300 AAC Blackout".

With all of the new AR owners out there wanting to get something bigger/better AAC saw an opportunity and ran with it.

Shooting this round subsonic and suppressed is amazing and I think it will gain momentum.

I see Bushmaster has a model in 300BLK coming out. DPMS as well. Not really surprising considering they are under the same corporate umbrella.

SHOT show this week so will probably hear more about manufacturer's new offerings.