• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Put a fork in me

...we're done. Even though we technically have until this weekend, I'm calling it: for all intents and purposes, my 2011 hunting season is over.

As cliche as it may be: time certainly flies when you're having fun.

I went on two pheasant hunts last weekend as coup de graces: the hunt Saturday was ideal, while the 30-plus mile-per-hour winds Sunday created the exact opposite scenario.

Overall, I'd say that, despite the poor bird numbers, this year was even better than last year. I'll attribute much of that to the fact that Remy was worked hard over the summer months (4-5 times a week, every week, from June-August) and it paid dividends.

While I technically ended my season Sunday, as mentioned, it was miserable and we saw little to no birds (at least the company was good and it was fun watching two great hunting dogs, so the day was not a total loss). But a short solo trip Saturday proved to be a high note of the season.

Good points, great retrieves, and Remy even tracked down a cripple that had worked it's way deep into some flattened grasses. I was more than pleased with the results, and already am chomping at the bit for fall 2012.

At least we'll have training over the summer to help pass the time...

Hope everyone else had a great season! grin

IMG_20111231_143908.jpg

Nice way to end the season with that three bird harvest!! Will give you good memories to think about until next year!!!

As I make my weekend to-do list I'm already missing pheasant hunting, just hiking behind the dog was great and shooting a bird was a bonus!!! Going for a hike is just not the same, shes know were not hunting, it gets to be more of a stroll.