• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Live Stand Up Comedy

DARK30

Triple Espresso

If anybody has time to check these guys out before Jan 8th...do it. Stand up comedy at its best.

We caught the show last wed night downtown Mpls at the Southern Theater. Just google them for details. Good clean comedy for all ages. If you don't like getting embarrassed, don't sit too close to the stage grin

While i have not seen Triple Espresso, I love seeing live comedy!!!

I have signed up for the newsletter from Acme Comedy and the shows are fantastic. They have a free show once a month for "insider" members that is first come first served and you get 6 free tickets if its your birthday month.

Sticks restaurant is pretty good and the bar is nice too. Lots of great national acts and there are quite a few good local comics.

We've also started going to see some open mic nights at a couple other places just to see some more comics.

Triple Espresso is pretty entertaining. I saw it years ago and I doubt they changed it much. I would call it more a comedy theatre rather than stand up comedy as its essentially a play but its hilarious.

Another spot I've been to for live stand up is the Joke Joint in Lilydale. I think tickets are $10 and its a small intimate club and you aren't more than 20 feet from the stage at any time.

They start out with local comedians trying to work on their material and they get progressively better as the night goes on. Then they have 2 main acts. I'd say all totaled you're in for 2-3 hours of comedy.

Drinks there are a little weak so you might want to just stick with the beer.

All in all its worth the money. If you keep an eye on their HSOforum they post acts well ahead of time and they post clips of their acts so you can get a feel for what you're going to see.

One of the biggest regrets of my life is when I lived in Kansas City I lived in Westport and there was a theater around the corner and one day the marquee read: MITCH HEDBERG w/ special guest STEPHEN LYNCH.

I didn't go and less than 6 months later Mitch was dead. Still kicking myself about missing that.