• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Serendipity!

Serendipity. I think that's the word anyways. The word to describe getting more then what you expected, in a positive demeanor. Is that right?

Anyhow, my family and my sister's family got together today at the beach for some boating, swimming, tubing/skiing, etc.

I had my boat, and my sister brought her ski boat, so when the opportunity presented itself to let my daughter go tube with my sister and my wife, I did what every Man would do in this situation: I took my son away from the crowds and broke out the rods.

This is a lake where I did not expect to really find too much, mainly because it's clear, it was sunny, and the boat traffic was obnoxious.

I found a school of fish in 19-22 feet of water, hanging to the bottom. Jigged a yellow and pink Mr. Twister, and...Hey, it's Walleyes!

Time for a new spot. We all know, I am a CRAPPIE ADDICT!

New spot, 14 feet of water, and again, the Vex marks fish.

Cast: 9 pound Northern.

Cast: 7" Bluegill

Cast: 9" Bluegill (now I was shocked...9" Bluegill...WOWEEE!!!)

Cast: Crappie!!!! smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

Casts 7-25: Crappies!!!!!!! grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

The Bluegills were down 7 feet, and hit on a one thousand 7 count, and the Crappies were down 5 feet and hit on a one thousand 4 count.

I was surprised to see the fish suspended so high with the sun, water clarity, and amount of activity on the lake. But hey, I certainly didn't complain.

Hey, like I said, serendipity (ok, can someone tell me if that IS the word???) I caught Crappies when I didn't expect to even fish.

1/32 oz was the size. Pink and Yellow was the color. And Xxxx was the lake (hey, sorry folks)

My son caught fish! (he's 15 months old...he touched them, we say he caught them smile.gif) He certainly had a great time.

I hope to get back in the next week or so, schedule and weather permitting.

------------------
Good fishing,
UJ
[email protected]

Yea Jeff...those fish can puzle a guy once in a while. Rick and I found fish the other day with high skies in a main channel set-up at five or six feet while the water depth was three times that. And the surface temp was 74 degrees. This is an area that we just sort of stumbled on and we both commented on even finding those fish staged as such. One never knows! Keep that child on the water (mother as well) ....it's good for all of you.

------------------
Plastics...making better fishermen without bait! Good Fishing Guys! CrappieTom

muckbootsonline.com Pro Staff
Culprit Tackle Crappie Pro Staff
Catch-n Tackle
[email protected]

Thats awesome Jeff! He leaves the walleyes to find the panfish grin.gif That a boy! grin.gif Congrats to your son on catching all those fish!

Good Fishin,
Matt Johnson

------------------
Matt Johnson Outdoors
Metro Area Ice Fishing, Team Catch-N, and more...

[email protected]
Iceleaders
Catch-N Tackle and Bio Bait
MarCum
Stone Legacy
JR's Tackle

Yeah, its true.

I think the only way I wouldn't leave a school of Walleyes for Crappies is under 2 conditions.

• I was all "Crappied Out" for the day.
  • I knew for a FACT there were NO Crappies in the lake.
  • I was sick and delerious.

So, with that said, we know that I most likely would hang with then olive green, silver, and black scaled fish that we most commonly call the Crappie! Cuz most likely, I won't get Crappied out, or even go to a lake with no Crappies. (however, I might get sick and delerious, so...I guess there is a chance.) smile.gif

------------------
Good fishing,
UJ
[email protected]

[This message has been edited by united jigsticker (edited 07-05-2004).]

Uj....You must be sick and delerious, because you stated that there two reasons you'd leave crappies and then listed three. And when did you get hitched? Geeze....I thought you were a died-in-the-wool single dude.... One of those guys who think that changing clothes means wearing the other side of your socks and underwear. Now you are talking wifie-poo and kids! I must have done a RipVanWinkle or something...

------------------

Catch-n Tackle
[email protected]

Good for you...now Matt and I will have to talk to her and get her to work on you changing your socks,etc..LOL

------------------

Catch-n Tackle
[email protected]

Just a comment on wives and changing for you newlyweds...

I always tell my wife I don't care if she changes me, just don't let me know if she's doing it.

Gene

PS Women are very good at changing at least one thing-their minds.

Tom... grin.gif

Congrats UJ! So let me guess, the honey moon is going to be in a remote place...on a lake? grin.gif

Good Fishin,
Matt Johnson

------------------
Matt Johnson Outdoors
Metro Area Ice Fishing, Team Catch-N, and more...

[email protected]
Iceleaders
Catch-N Tackle and Bio Bait
MarCum
Stone Legacy
JR's Tackle

FYI - Serendipity is also the name of a nymph pattern tied by Blue Ribbon Flies out of West Yellowstone, Montana. Works well on the Madison R., also catches bluegills here!