• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

muzzy firing pin help

Long story short, by the time I pulled my hammer back for the third time the buck was a lot further away. He is still out there. frown

How do I get my firing pin to work better? Is it just a matter of cleaning it better? How do I do that? Should I adjust it? How do I do that? Anything else?

I need to use the gun tomorrow, and have no time to do any testing if that is needed.

THANK-YOU!

Here is a pic. If you need another angle let me know.

6449466493_bd616c9497_b.jpg

Mine does the same thing when its really cold-I am going to saturate the area with solvent and work it a lot and then dry thoroughly-I will be unloading and bringing it inside at night too-SUPER frustrating-I have less than 10 rounds through mine as well-what brand and model gun is yours?

It's cleaned-up now. It did get used and abused today. More of the same tomorrow.

I did figure out something that hopefully will help. With the, ah, thing-a-majjiggy partially open, press in the firing pin with something so that the front of the pin sticks out, and you're able to clean it.

Other than that I'm just using solvent to clean everything up as good as possible. Than oiling everything that's not a moving part. So as to hopefully not have grime build-up and keep everything moving as good as possible.

Most the time mine was firing on the first strike. It needs to be every time!!!!!

The oil could well be your problem. Might want to go dry while you're hunting in the cold or use some type of dry lubricant like silicone if you think it has to be lubed up. Other thing you could try would be some sort of synthetic lubricant that would not gel at colder temps.

I completely disassembled mine today-after a lot of panicked moments I finally got the whole thing back together-I realized all you have to do to get the pin assembly out is pull the hammer back, mash the pin forward with a screwdriver and the pin assembly comes right out-It was fairly gunked up and corroded and took a fair amount of scrubbing/scraping to get it smooth again-

Now to figure out how to disassemble my baby. frown This morning my dry fire, not sure if that's the proper terminology, did fire the primer on the first strike. No shots at deer today, so no field testing.

get the manual, maybe on line. Looks like it has something to do with getting the firing pin to fire and then maybe a screwdriver in the slot that is on either side of it.

BTW the pic you posted make me think it needs some serious cleaning. Just thinkin.