• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Non -oxy Gas

WTN4ICE

I'm not really worried about the cost I'm more concerned with keeping my ice fishing workhorse running strong.I get out as much as possible but didn't put a 100 miles on last year.I understand the ethanol can be hard on rubber parts and gas lines.

I think it is more that the non-oxy gas just lasts longer. Since I went to only using non-oxy in all my outboards and sleds and small engines, I have not had one time where my gas got "old". Used to happen with oxy gas if it sat for long time. Especially if you dont run that much fuel through it, I would use non-oxy. Good luck.

Answer is NO!

Non-oxygenated gas is ethonal free gasoline. Google "effects of using ethanol gas in small engines".

Your sled was built before ethonal gas was mandatory for automobiles.

Most people don't even know in MN we have "winter" and "summer" gas...yes it's true, look it up. 2c

BTW, you get worse milage on ethanol gas.

Your '95 XLT will run just fine on either fuel given the factory jetting.

The "non-oxy" gasoline is gasoline without ethanol added and is actually better to run given any current jetting in your carbs as it gives a nice rich fuel/air (oxygen) mixture and keeps combustion temperatures lower. Because ethanol contains less energy per unit of volume, adding it to gasoline will lower the potential total energy of the fuel by volume, and without changing your jetting you will get less power out of the engine for any given quantity of fuel burned. (carb jetting is the constant here)

Also, your mileage is determined by the size of the carb jets, not the blend of the fuel. You burn the same amount of fuel at any rpm when you pull through the same jet orfice. It is true that with the "non-oxy" gasoline you could run smaller jetting and get a slight increase in mileage, but you would have to know how how much to reduce the size of the jet for the air temperature you are operating at. The real question on jetting is how much additional oxygen the ethanol adds to the fuel, which in turn will alter the fuel/air (oxygen) mix and may cause a lean burn condition if your jetting is too close to the edge.

The bottom line is that either fuel will work with factory stock jetting, and as BoxMN mentioned above the “non-oxy” fuel is better for storage due to better long term stability. So all this said, go ahead and run the 91 octane “non-oxy” fuel you asked about in the OP.