• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

11" Bluegill

I was looking through the MN Master Angler Program and I see that 11" is the minimum C&R size for Gills. How many have caught them that size and bigger? I have caught 1 that was 11 1/4" and that was quite a few years ago! I caught a few the other night between 10-10 1/4" and the biggest one probably hit close to the weight requirement, 1#5oz I think.

It looks like they used the same breakdown that In-Fisherman has! 15" Crappie is much more attainable than the 11" Bluegill or I am just not fishing the right lakes!

I caught two 11.5 inch bluegills in the same day, 5 minutes from each other. I caught them during late ice, winter of 2003. An 11 inch bluegill is a nice gill, a definite trophy! I can only count on one hand how many 11 inch plus bluegills I've caught. smile.gif

Good Fishin,
Matt Johnson

------------------
Matt Johnson Outdoors
Metro Area Ice Fishing, Team Catch-N, and more...

[email protected]
Iceleaders
Catch-N Tackle and Bio Bait
MarCum
Stone Legacy
JR's Tackle

I have never caught one that big (I never really fish for them) but have seen 11 inch plus caught several times. I know of one lake where 10 to 10.5 inchers are very common. I suspect that if a guy put in his time, an 11 inch plus would be a reality!

Crow Hunter,
Thats a dandy gill hanging on your wall! It should go over 11 inches, nice fish!

Good Fishin,
Matt Johnson

------------------
Matt Johnson Outdoors

[email protected]
Iceleaders
MarCum
Stone Legacy
JR's Tackle

Here's a gill just shy of 11 inches that I caught this past winter on a Ratso with a pink head and white body...

47b4d822b3127ccebfc9f384250c0000001610

Good Fishin,
Matt Johnson

------------------
Matt Johnson Outdoors

[email protected]
Iceleaders
MarCum
Stone Legacy
JR's Tackle

[This message has been edited by Matt Johnson (edited 06-03-2004).]

I measured the sunfish on my wall, it weighed 1 pound 9 ounces when caught; it measures 11.25 inches long. I think I would be very fortunate to ever catch another one that size, and if I did she would be returned to the water.
CH

On June 30th of this year I caught 3 Bluegills, all 12 inches long. They weighed from 1lb 12 oz to 2lb . It took me several years to find the spawning beds on this lake, but I finally did and it paid off!

My girls caught two sunnies last night 1 was 11 and the other 11.5. Bemducknoy we were on little turtle 1n 10 feet near the weed line using slip bobbers and leeches. They also lost 7 at the boat side about the same size.