• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

dog den 3 by k-9 kondo

rundrave

looking to potentially purchase one of these for my 2 GSP's as they are being migrated from the house, to inside the garage and eventually my man cave/toy shed I am building next spring. This winter I plan to keep them in garage out of the elements but not heated.

can anyone provide any feedback to these good or bad? I am looking to purchase the unit and assemble myself to save some money but you get killed on the shipping. I haven't priced it assembled at the local stores yet though.

any other suggestions for a dog house that can fit 2 65lb GSP's?

gundog_3.jpg

I have a feeling my dogs would destroy anything made out of wood eventually.

I like this unit because from what I hear it is well built and should last several years. The other thing is that I can easily move it from my garage this winter to my new man cave next spring.

I have a dog den 2..its worked great for me. I'm sure the dog den 3 is up to the same quality. I'm guessing by getting the dog den 3 you are thinking of having both dogs in the same house? If not I would think the dog den 2 would be plenty big for individual dogs..my 100lb Chessie fits in the dog den 2.

re-read the thread and I see both dogs will be in the dog den 3...should work out good IMO.

stopped at a local retailer (Scheels) last night hoping they still carried these. The manager I worked with explained that they didn't move many of these units and no longer carried the Dog Den 3, but they had an assembled Dog Den 2 on the floor. Very nice units and seems well made.

I could have special ordered a 3 and saved $30 vs buying on line and paying for shipping but it could take up to 3 weeks to get it. I will probably just order directly from the HSOforum and be done with my search.

Grousehunter, just realized your in Brookings, did you get yours locally or purchase online?

I have two Dog Den's from K-9 Condo, with heaters. One I've had for 10 plus years, the other for 4 years. The older one has the shielded light heater and the newer one the pad heater. The older one has seen use by GWH pointers and Pudelpointers. Which spend all day outside then come in for the evening and go back out for the night. They are totally indestructable and easy to clean. One is built into the garage in one kennel and the other sits outside of the garage in second kennel.