• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Deer Hide for Gloves

mknolls

My nephew is looking for a place to exchange his deer hide for a pair of gloves. This is his first buck he shoot and he would like to get something to remember it by. Delano, tonka area and any place around there. Will be posting picture as soon as I can remember how to do so. Would like to say to all HSO members a big thanks to all the great outdoor hunting and fishing pictures ans stories. I love reading, seeing and learning from all the great experience's that everyone brings to the table. Good luck to the rest of your hunting seasons.

First, congrats to your nephew on his first buck.

He might want to consider dropping off his hide at a MN Deer Hunters Hides-for-Habitat drop box. Those hides are collected, salted and stacked (by volunteers) and then sold. The proceeds help fund habitat projects throughout the state.

Delano Sportsmen's Club has a drop box.

If he's interested, he can find out more about the hides-for-habitat program and find other drop locations here:

http://www.mndeerhunters.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=20&Itemid=201

If he really wants a pair of gloves here's a thread from last year that might point him in the right direction:

http://www.hotspotoutdoors.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/2027153/Re_Deer_hides

I think you can get 3 pairs of gloves at Uber for one hide. tanning is about 60 bucks and then you have to pay sewing. Or if you want to save the hide after tanning you can use between 4 and 6 hides and get a jacket made. I LOVE my leather jacket I had made with a combo of hides from my grandpa and my own. spendy, but i its value is way beyond what i paid.