• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Becarful the next few day's

You can't have a gun and ammo outdoors 5 days before and 2 days after an open deer season unless it is a shotgun with shot smaller than #4 buckshot or a .22. I think it used to be a 10 day window before the season. You can have the gun and ammo at an authorized target range. (p. 18 of the regs.)

You can't have a gun and ammo outdoors 5 days before and 2 days after an open deer season unless it is a shotgun with shot smaller than #4 buckshot or a .22. I think it used to be a 10 day window before the season. You can have the gun and ammo at an authorized target range. (p. 18 of the regs.)

Thank you I honestly didnt know that and wasnt trying to be smart about it either.

Yep, the past couple days I've been hear alot of shooting. Not just duckhunters as the shots are spaced out at regular intervals and stop for a bit and then you hear them again. Be careful out there especially in ground blinds!

Tunrevir~

I am hearing WAYYYYY too many high powered rifle shots the last few days. I'm not convinced they're shooting at "inanimate" targets either.

I just started to see scrapes and rubs where I hunt.....come on! can't they play by the rules? please!

I honestly forgot about this and had read it before but never committed it to memory. Maybe because it's intention is to prevent poaching and since I would never poach I just never regarded it. I can say I have been guilty of taking that 1-3 shots during the week before opener in my yard at 50 yards to ensure the rifle is still sighted in and as such would have been one of them random shots around early evening. I was about to this week but I'll have to find a range or trust it's sighted in now. Ignorance is not an excuse and I know that but now I'm even informed so then it would just be blatant disregard on my part. Fortunately I shot it a month ago and am going to trust it has moved on it's one trip back home from then.