• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Results of Fall Photography Workshop

I am finally catching up a little bit on sorting and cleaning up my photos from the summer and the photo workshop that Ken and Steve led a couple of weeks ago. I just want to thank them both for putting on a wonderful event even though the turnout was less than had hoped for. They both spent hours preparing and scouting and pretty much bent over backwards for us students in the class. They both helped out with giving new techniques and advice for creating wondering pictures as well as locations in NE MN to search out. Here are a few pictures that I liked from the class. If anyone gets the opportunity or would like the opportunity to work with these gentleman, contact them and I am sure they would be glad to help you out.

IMG_5778.jpg

IMG_5756.jpg

IMG_5967.jpg

IMG_6188.jpg

IMG_6145.jpg

IMG_6541.jpg

IMG_6654-1.jpg

IMG_6854.jpg

IMG_7095.jpg

IMG_7069.jpg

Fantastic work! Wow! Except for the last two, I'd love to hang all of those.

Your images speak well for your photography skills and additionally, make me think I should make a pilgrimage to see the "Gurus".

I think I'm going to have to show these to my wife.

Great stuff, Jeremy! Thanks for sharing with us, and very happy you had a rewarding time. smile

We weren't too worried about filling either workshop, since it was the first year we'd teamed up for them. Just neat that we had a bunch of cool and motivated people to work with. laugh

IA4PATS and LeeKen (and all others), our dates for next year's workshops are set. The wildflowers workshop will be June 14-17, and the autumn color one Sept 27-30. These are Fri-Sun, with Thursday evening orientation sessions. We'd love to have you. These are tremendously enjoyable learning/sharing opportunities, and Ken and I scout them thoroughly in advance to ensure the best blooms and fall color. I also guide one-day nature photo excursions for individuals or small groups.

You can find out more about the workshops here and about the excursions here.

Thanks all! It was well worth the trip and I learned so much from these guys as I have in the past as well. I promise you that they don't disappoint and they make it as fun as you want! Not sure if Ken and Steve would think the same about some students though. Some people like to hike especially up rather large hills:-)

Quote:
Some people like to hike especially up rather large hills:-)

....but only by completing the journey do you find the reward!!!

One interesting note, especially for the June workshop. The area that we photograph a lot, and bring our tours through, now include some of the area outside of the BWCA that was effected by the Pagami Creek Fire. Regeneration will be especially exciting to see new (and sometimes rare or unique)growth in the early stages of this process.

Great series Jeremy. I really like the pitcher plant.

To anyone considering the work shop, Ken and Steve are great to shoot with and very knowledgable.

Quote:
One interesting note, especially for the June workshop. The area that we photograph a lot, and bring our tours through, now include some of the area outside of the BWCA that was effected by the Pagami Creek Fire. Regeneration will be especially exciting to see new (and sometimes rare or unique)growth in the early stages of this process.

I was up there today and was suprised by the regrowth already. All kind of things are popping up. It will be very neat to watch.