• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Another Doe Down

Grayfox

Well I managed to fill another doe tag last night. Haven't been out much the last two weeks due to work and then Mitch's Ripley hunt last weekend. When I was getting out I was still passing on does with fawns as I'd rather hold out for an old dry doe or one that somehow lost it's fawn. Just my personal preference.

I got a late start yesterday afternoon and got into the tree around 5 P.M.

I hauled the bow up and had an arrow on. Had my harness and extra clothes on and was still taking the binocs and grunt call out of my fanny pack when I looked up and saw two does heading to the field. I was partially hidden behind the trunk of the tree and when I saw the lead doe take a left and head behind some brush toward the field with the 2nd in tow. I grabbed the bow off the other trunk and turned 180 to get in position for the shot. The 1st crossed the fence and headed into the corn field, going slightly NE. The second started toward the field and was about to step in when I stopped her with a bleat and released. She made a short 20 yard run through the corn, then back to the West but I could see by the red on the corn that the Rage had done it's job and she wouldn't go far. Since it was still early I sat it out until dark in hopes the other or a buck would show but no such luck. Here's a couple pics of the shot location,the beautiful looking spot and of course the valadation pic. First time I've ever used the timer function on the camera to take a picture of myself. Took me a while to figure it out but didn't do too bad.

First is the shot location.

10-13-11Dads2ndDoe001.jpg

10-13-11Dads2ndDoe003.jpg

10-13-11Dads2ndDoe006.jpg

10-13-11Dads2ndDoe009.jpg