• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What to do with this ITCHY sensation!

mlvaj

Probably got you with the subject line, but dang it, no hunting for another 2 or 3 weeks! Family stuff is killing me now. I'll probably be able to get out the 3rd week of October, right in time for the pre-rut stuff but still, that's a long wait. Not only that, that weekend is the early youth season and I'm kind of iffy if I want to be bowhunting out there with young guns shooting around. Again, my uncle missed the biggest buck of his life last early youth season last year. What do you guys normally do to keep your mind off the itch? It's going to be tough stretching it out I guess, but like Mossy Oak's motto "It's not passion, it's an obsession!".

i have this not only for firearms deer season but for fishing also year around. i want to fish and hunt always. prior to firearms season i usualy go up to our area and monkey around with the stands and see if i need to check my shooting lanes and more. just being up there and checking for scrapes, rubs, and tracks. there are times when family comes first, and i believe that famil does comes first regardless of anticipation or what trip i was planning. to me family always comes first and is the most important priority.

i remember when i was just out of high school and sitting on my stand on the last day of firearms season. it was total agony to think prior to dark i had to be out of those woods and deer season was over for another year. but soon ice fishing came into play and off i was to enjoy that even though that deer hunt lingered on my mind.

missed many trips due to family, and i dont regret it at all. i have had more with my family and by my lonesome than ever to compare to family situations. did i like it at times, no, but everything turned out well so far. good luck.

Yes, my uncle was bowhunting while the youth season was in session. He never actually had a chance because of buck fever. Drew the bow, and the arrow just flat out fell off the rest because he was shaking so bad. Said he had to hug the tree to make sure he didn't fall out himself. LOL! He did eventually calmed down and bagged an 8pt half hr later. Well, I might even get lucky and go out this weekend. The PO insisted on me going and it's going to be my 3 day weekend! I'm not really sure if she is playing games with me or not because it'll be our 10yr wedding anniversary, I'm thinking she's trying to pull my leg and see what I'll do. I'll only wish for the best whether it's me in the wood or me with her. Oh well, good luck everybody and be safe out.