• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Nothren metro Shoreline Crappies

bigspike

I dont know about north metro area but there are plenty of crappies on Lake Nokomis right on the boat launch. what to try for catching them literally anything small enough ive been catching them on small hair jigs, panfish spinnerbaits and caught about a 3 inch walleye on the spinner my first walleye without thinking about it lol

------------------

Try calling Rush Point Store in Rush City. You can fish from shore at Frasden park I believe thats the name. They catch nice crappies and sunnies there from shore. LOtta people though I guess. But worth a try cause the fish in Rush lake are nice. They will give you the info you need.

Protrapper,

Seems like things were getting a little heated on the WBL page so I thought I would ask the questions here. When I fished WBL last week i was on the south side of the Island past the bridge and In the visible weeds. It is around 4 ft of water back there. I don't need exact locations but is this around the area you fish and second do you use bobbers with your jigs. I appreciate the help.

Hey man, yea some guys just get to worked up. Me included. LOL.

Ok you where in the bullrushes. You can catch fish there, but they mostly will be small sunfish. Try straight out from the eagles nest in 10-12 feet of water. Put your slip float about halfway down. Give the jig a couple pops every now & then. If that doesnt work try the northside of the island where the liitle bay is. There is a huge mansion on the point by it you cant miss it.

Keep a good distance from other boats, we had better luck staying away from them or fishing alone.

Use the smallest bobber you can, smallish type splitshot, and minnow. Best advice I could give you is to work shallow and keeping going deeper around that island then you will hit them. That how I found the bigger ones.

Id meet ya out there sometime but I got surgery tomorrow, then I leave for Mille Lacs, then I go to Gunflint Trail area, for trout and eyes. But try that and let me know how it goes, cause thats pretty much where we where fishing.

Good Luck..