• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

k9 advantix II

Jmnhunter

anyone have good success with this? I like the repelling of ticks/mosquitos quality. right now i'm using frontline, but ticks can still feed and transfer diseases.

my main concern was having the dog with advantix with my wife's cat in the house as my vet told me that they can not be near each other. I called the company and he told me as long as the treatment dries 8-10 hours, they wont have any issues around each other.

I used Frontline on my lab for years then the vet suggested Advantix. Tried it for 3 months and had more ticks on the dog than ever before so I took the rest back and got Frontline. For whatever reason, the Frontline worked much better on my dog. I occasionally find dead ones on her that dug in but with Advantix I had lots of live ones that actually got bloated and didn't die. My vote goes for Frontline.

There is another product available that is similiar to the advantix in make up. In that it kills ticks and mosquitos and is also harmful to cats. I have been using Vectra 3D for the last 2 years and only found 1 tick on my pooch and it hadn't started to bite yet.

- 6-way protection, repels and kills fleas, ticks, mosquitoes, lice, sand flies and mites

- Kills 4 species of ticks (Rhipicephalus spp, Dermacentor variabilis, Ixodes spp, Amblyomma spp), 3 species of mosquitoes (Culex spp, Ochlerotatus spp, Aedes spp), and all stages of fleas

- Quick onset of activity within 2 hours; kills fleas in 6 hours

- Repels and kills ticks that may cause Lyme disease, Rocky Mountain spotted fever, babesiosis, ehrlichiosis, bartonellosis, hepatozoonosis and anaplasmosis

- Convenient topical treatment that allows application down to skin

- Quick drying, non-greasy and water resistant

- Only available from licensed veterinarians

Spreads naturally over the dog’s body to provide full body protection against fleas, ticks, mosquitoes, lice, sand flies and mites.

Active Ingredients

Dinotefuran 4.95%

Pyriproxyfen 0.44%

Permethrin 36.08%

Other Ingredients 58.53%

I use it on my 2 Weims and really like it. I started with Frontline and didn't like it since the ticks would still be on the dogs even though it did kill the ticks after biting them. My Weims are inside and I really like the Advantix because it repels them too. I have found very, very few on them since the switch to Advantix.