• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

How old would this spear be and what company made it

Brad B

I bought this spear from a local online auction. I was just wondering how old it would be and who made it. The rope goes into the end of the handle and it still looks strong but is there anything I would have to worry about with a rope setup like this. Check out the pictures and let me know what you think. should I paint it or use it as is.

full-29971-11686-100_3238.jpg

full-29971-11687-100_3239.jpg

full-29971-11688-100_3242.jpg

Brad there is one of those spears on the popular E store on auction but it looks like its been repaired the handle looks the same as does the spearhead doesnt say what it is but its vintage for sure I dont think its a mass produced spear but someone made them. I'll keep searching for a answer

It kind of looks like a knock off of a Randal Spear. It is not in any reference book I am familiar with, and I have not seen another one like it. It may be a homemade variety.

The barb work is a little flimsy, but it will no doubt work - make sure you get at least a few tines in, right behind the head, in fish of any girth or substance. Thanks for the pics Brad B.

as long as the rope is good your good to go, let me know if you wanna go spearing this winer

I will get a hold of you just before season starts to set something up with you. by the way this is my second spear I bought. I got a new nims at the end of last year when it was too late to try it out.