• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Not much going on

I have done very little personal fishing this year, but have captained almost 30 trips for Let's Go Fishing With Seniors. We recently had a very demure woman who will be 100 years old labor day who taught me a valuable lesson. I baited her hook, then I was going to cast her line out when she said "I'll do it". She then proceeded to cast our kind of pathetic closed faced reel twice as far as I ever have, cranked her line back to the boat and made another stellar cast. While we didn't have much success this little lady in a neck brace and with very poor eyesight gave it her all. The activities director of the facility said she goes fishing down on the river a lot. I am constantly amazed by this program and the people I meet. My lesson learned: I want to be her when I grow up. grin

Great Karma coming your way lambjm and you deserve it for the time you donate

I was reading in a book last night about spearing and at the end of the chapter I came across this phase and I love it.

God does not deduct from a man's life the days spent fishing.

I also belive this to be true when you voluntier your time to help others fish..

Good Luck and thanks for your donations to help others

BTW if I make a hundred I hope to be fishin too

We have had the Duluth Chapter of Let's Go Fishing With Seniors at our nursing home this past summer too. These residents look forward to getting on that pontoon. I really commend you Barb for donating your skills and time with them! I bet you're getting pumped for ice fishing too! MAYBE I'll actually make it up to the Burntside Bash this year if I have that weekend off (cross fingers eek).

I've not been fishing much this summer myself. I've been working a lot and putting applications in EVERYWHERE for an RN job. It's been slim pickin's I tell you! I've had some interviews so hopefully something'll turn up soon. It's tough being a newbie nurse on the block. Something will roll around though.