• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Said goodbye this morning

BigRock

This was a tough day at my house. I said goodbye to my GSP Roscoe before work, and 2 hours later he died at home. He had been diagnosed with a heart murmur recntly, and was having respiratory problems all night last night. He was my wife's dog, and she watched him slip away in her arms. That's what tears me up the most. We lost Roscoe's dad, Major, just two months ago. Major died at my home, also, from heart failure. Two in two months just crushes me. Roscoe was going on 10.5 yrs. old, and Major was almost 13.5 yrs. old. We still got Heidi, the mom, so we are not dogless. Anyway, all you guys/gals, treat those dogs like they are your kids and best friends. Kiss them on the head before you go away to work or where ever you go. I might have to start looking for a new pup in the near future. To my boys: I love you and miss you both. I gotta stop now before I start crying on my keyboard.

Major Feb. 8,1998-June 21,2011

Roscoe January 25,2001-August,25,2011

So sorry to hear of both of your losses. It is bad enough to go a few years or several between, but to loose two in a few months, I really feel for you and your family. Again, so sorry to hear, that is tough to go through. Many years of memories to sort through...

Best wishes,

"hooks"

Your post brings tears to my eyes. So sorry for your loss. Hope all the great memories you have of your two boys bring a smile to your face in the days ahead. I'm going to go cuddle with my 3 GSPs now and tell them how special they are to me. Best wishes to you and your family.

Thank you to all who replied. Your condolences are appreciated. I was such a mess yesterday, I typed in the wrong date for Roscoe's departure. It should have read August 24,2011, instead of the 25th. The days will get easier as time marches on. My remaining GSP is gun shy, so I may end up suspending pheasant hunting for awhile until I get a new pup trained up, and ready to hunt. The wife is good to go for getting a new pup in the near future. Anyway, thanks again to all. Now, go and hug your hounds.

Saw this on the sidebar last night and did not want to even look, as every time these posts make you remember your own loses. Those shorthairs can be such great family members and house dogs. Think what makes then so special is how they drive you so nuts when they are young with all that energy, and how wonderful time ages their character. What i wouldn't give to see the waggle of that little stub again. Truly sorry for your losses BigRock!