• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Spearing out of a Clam?

I have a two man fish trap guide and have done plenty of spearing out of it. It has the rear door and that is what I use to get in and out. As far as the thermal being dark enough I'm not sure. Mine is dark enough as is, but last year I rigged up a dark heavy blanket, put several holes in the coners and used bungies to strap it to the portable worked pretty good, very dark.

I knmow of a couple guys that spear out of Eskimo hub houses and it seems to work fine. They are not very dark inside.

I think when the house is not real dark the biggest thing you have to watch out for is your movement. Its easier for the fish to see it. The only other disadvantage is they make it tougher to see in less than ideal water conditions.

I knmow of a couple guys that spear out of Eskimo hub houses and it seems to work fine. They are not very dark inside.

I think when the house is not real dark the biggest thing you have to watch out for is your movement. Its easier for the fish to see it. The only other disadvantage is they make it tougher to see in less than ideal water conditions.

thats the best way to put it thanks MJ

I'm going to buy a new portable spearhouse this year my mankato is starting to get a little warn down. What do you guys recomend I want a floor and I want it dark very dark. I was looking at a canvascraft Elwood didn't you have one of these? I also need it big enough for 2 for me and my son (who is coming to spearfest this year he will be 10 so he is ready) smile

I bought a otter flip over last year, two man style with the bench. It is one with the wild series. All black but the orange top, was orange but some flat black spray paint fixed that. I have a piece of plywood cut the same size as my opening when the house is open with a 48'' x 30'' hole for spearing. Nice barrier between the ice and my feet.

Kettle

I have a 6x8 suitcase style Canvas craft that had the two end with red canvas that I dyed black works but there are better options.

BNS has the bomb when it come down to it I think His is a all black canvascraft that he had speacial ordered.

BNS has the bomb when it come down to it I think His is a all black canvascraft that he had speacial ordered.

I do too it's the way to go for portables I custom ordered mine with no windows. Although I did pick up a 6x8 hub last year for early ice and I thought it worked great